Sunday, July 23, 2017

Get your rivets out.....

Evening, Morning, Afternoon...

Wow one week certainly does fly past when you are having fun OR are busy! take your pick. This week we started off with some more maths/math (and a lot of thinking)...

The roof rafters are either from the bottom of the floor to the ridge beam or from the top of the dorma window to the top of the ridge beam, so Mr M had to tax his brain hard to ensure that they were all cut correctly, this is where his protractors from last week came into action...
 
Then when he was sure, he set about cutting them to fit the beam...


Voila, they fit so good, nice and neat and tidy, we would expect nothing less from Mr M....


Of course each rafter has to come up from the ground floor and this is where the grand diet plan is coming into fruition, lots of lifting and climbing up and the down the stairs - the shorts have had to have another rivet installed...

First you place it against the floor, run up the stairs and pull it up.  The rafter that is.. not the shorts...

Then you lift it into place....
 

The really hard work is when they have to be lifted up from the outside. Bend zee knees.....
1,2,3....

And slide it into place....

Now it really is starting to look like a house...

This week he will be cracking on with the rafters, he has a pile of them already cut to size and ready to go, and hopefully he will be putting in one of the dog dormas!  What's that? check back next week!

Quick garden update, since this is the only place I get to brag record my successes you have to put up with my repetitive photos.  I pulled the last of my garlic today, and Oh My...what a success this one is, huge bulbs that clearly liked the wet winter......

I have SO much garlic and fortunately for me no-one else at the market is selling garlic this year, so I added some to my table of buttons and sold out on Saturday.....

The garden is giving back daily, strawberries, strawberries whose got the strawberries...

Loving my daily collections...

And the garden isn't all vegetables, all my hard work and patience has paid off waiting for my seeds to germinate, to grow and to flower....

 
 
Of course you have to bring them inside....


And because they haven't been mentioned for a while, the FU wanted to you to know they are doing just fine, and enjoying their summer....

No comments:

Post a Comment