Sunday, March 13, 2016

til·ing - a way of arranging identical plane shapes so that they completely cover an area without overlapping.!

Guess what we have been up to this week? ok, not so much we, more of him...

Last week our bathroom looked like this..


This week it looks like this...


So how did it get so pretty?  First the back wall was tiled...


I was responsible for selecting the Mexican tiles, and making sure they were placed where they were intended for :)


Then the side walls were completed...



The shower pan is next..

 
 
Next was the step, using some more of the Mexican tiles for pretty detail...
 

More concrete backer board was then laid on the floor and using our massive tile surplus we have been able to get the floor completed...






This week it will be grouted, sealed and then the hot water tank will be fitted, as will the fixtures and lights etc.

It's coming along and we are really pleased with how the bathroom looks - the boy done good!! *pats Mr M on the back*

Also this week he has finished up some more trim, round the doors...

 
Hiding cables.......


And the kissing booth is all filled in but looking smart!!


Kitchen counter tops are made... the laminate will be glued on this week...




Our bargain kitchen sink will be fitted into this unit..


Which I have been cleaning up and getting all the old silicon off of... good job I am a happy cleaner!


I also managed to get the big wall finished up... a couple of evenings after work saw this taken care of!


It's been a wet, wild and stormy week here in Port Orford.  Seems like March is trying to live up to December's reputation! We had a particularly wild storm blow through on Wednesday night, bit disconcerting when about 11pm the Tsunami siren started going off down in the town! We were a bit unsure if us and our neighbors up here on the hill were all that was left of Port Orford..  But when I heard the binman come around on Thursday morning I figured it was a false alarm! I am not sure why it went off, but it wasn't because of a Tsunami!

We had another pile of river rock delivered on Monday, for just $100 it is the biggest bargain so far!Amongst the storms I have managed to spend a bit of time this weekend putting in some more pathways up in my garden, no need to go to a gym pushing my wheelbarrow full of rock up our property is keeping me fit and healthy!



I also managed to get 25 strawberry plants in their bed... I am sure they are Thankful that I planted them just as the torrential rain arrived - fingers crossed they will make it up to me in the Summer..


One of the only things we both miss living over here on the coast, is the mountains and the easily accessible skiing.  We did get some white stuff this weekend, but it was just hail, and despite being a bit slippery underfoot it really doesn't scratch that itch!



cam·ou·flage..... to hide or disguise the presence of (a person, animal, or object) by means of camouflage....

No comments:

Post a Comment