Sunday, August 28, 2016

2,500 gallons, 20,000 pints, 9463.529 litres or 9463529 milliliters!

Yep, you've guessed it, the last 2 weeks have been all about water!  We have our water storage tank in and partly filled.

First the base was built, it is 10ft by 10ft wide, quite a bit of digging was involved!


 
Levelled out with gravel...


And then filled with 2.5 tonnes of sand, compacted down and levelled out....



Then ta da... then tank is in place courtesy of some expert rolling, rolling, rolling!!



We are now "slowly" filling it from our well, we are gradually getting there and maybe by next weekend it will be full, THEN,  we will be using water from the tank and allowing the well to replenish at a steady rate.  IF our well starts to under perform we now have enough water to support it.

Of course it all needs a filter or two and some pumping as well .... trust me the well house and the route is very complicated, I just nod and Oh and Ah in the right places!


BUT it comes out of the ground through a coarse filter and into the tank, then it gets pumped out of the tank, through 3 more filters and then a UV filter - then into the house and out of the tap! Lovely!! delicious water!


So Y'know that "free" water you have when you have your own well - yep not so free :) :)

What else have we been up to? The Curry County Fair was in Gold Beach last week, so we took the afternoon off on Friday to go and see the animals, lots of fun at the fair..

I might get myself one of these, apparently you can ride them?

 
Although I think this would be more my style.....
 



 
The 4H tent was fun, if somewhat small, although I forgot to get a photo of the cows, all 3 of them....
 

 
The floral exhibits were very good, I was slightly perplexed at how most of them had a first place ribbon...
 

 
But this amazing dahlia won "best in show"...
 

The vegetable tent was full of fresh produce and I was excited to see almost all of my veggies would have held their own, except for my carrots, I can only dream of growing carrots like these....


It all goes on around here this time of year, today we had a classic car show in town, so we popped down to take a look...




Trouble is, when you go to such an event with Mr M, and someone has an old 1966 mini cooper, you can guarantee if it isn't an 1966 mini Mr M will spot it right away!  apparently a 1966 had exposed door hinges, sliding windows and a moustache grill, none of which this mini has...


He was courteous enough not to correct the owner and tell them it was actually a 1986ish mini cooper!!

We are enjoying all these summer activities, although Mr M might be giving fishing a miss next time having gone out last Sunday and spent most of the day recovering from seasickness! poor Mr M, but my freezer is Thankful for all the fishies he did manage to catch in between barfing!

I prefer to keep my feet firmly on terra ferma!

No comments:

Post a Comment