Sunday, April 1, 2018

It's like watching paint dry....

Seriously, that is all this week has entailed, painting.... Mr M has had quite a production line going, 2 back doors and 2 door frames.  He has basically circled around putting coats of varnish on them one after the other.  Each piece has 4 costs of varnish.....

It makes me yawn thinking about it, but anyway no photos, apparently he thinks its boring too :)

So onto more exciting stuff, I thought it was time for a garden update.

Spring has sprung this last week, it's been sunny every day, my veggie seeds are starting to germinate, we'll eat like kings....

And YES the rat trap has been a successful addition to the greenhouse *snap* got the buggar!!

This seasons garlic is growing well......

This year I want a bed for cutting flowers, so I have planted up some dahlias and I scattered some seeds which will hopefully attract the pollinators...

My calla lilies are flowering... These were a great addition to my garden mostly because the deer don't eat them....

 
Likewise to the lavender, another NON favorite with the deer......

My fruit trees got a feed and some fresh mulch....

And I can't remember what this plant is called, I can't read the old guys writing on the label... but it's flowering, I thing it is a New Zealand Tea Tree.... Oh and unlike the spiraea next to it, the deer don't eat this either.....

In an effort to deter the deer from this bed I have planted lots of marigolds around the front, I feel bad for my spiraea and forsythia.....

So talking of deer, operation "deer be gone" is well underway, we have finished putting the posts in around the veggie beds....

Mr M is a good worker.....

We have started fitting the anti-deer fence... its eight foot tall....

Just let them try and jump this high.....

No comments:

Post a Comment